Join our team! Now hiring: Marketing and Communications Associate
The Sarasota Concert Association, celebrating its 78th season, presents world-renowned orchestras, chamber ensembles and recitalists in concerts throughout the Sarasota region, including 5 Great Performers Series concerts, 5 free Music Matinees, Special Event concerts, and fundraising events.
This full-time position reports to the Executive Director and works primarily from home.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Public Relations and Communications:
· Duties to include writing and sending press releases and calendar listings to media, managing social media posts and eblasts, and subscriber communications.
Marketing and Advertising:
· Assist in all aspects of marketing campaigns including working with the Executive Director to create the print and electronic media advertising schedule, ad creation and placement, create quarterly newsletter, audience surveys. Secure advertisers for the program book. Distribution of concert fliers, rack cards
and postcards, assist in identifying group sales and audience development opportunities
· Assist in implementation of fundraising initiatives as well as writing grant proposals.
· Work with Executive Director on concert operation details for all concerts.
· Secure and manage volunteer ushers for our concerts as needed. Arrange valet parking, produce signage, and other needs at concert venues.
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and knowledge of classical music preferred
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills, particularly Word and Excel
• Experience with social media, particularly Facebook
Send cover letter, writing samples, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org